You’ve just bought a universal remote, but don’t know how to set it up? The instructions that came with your remote are confusing? You want to program the TV and DVD player but don’t know how? Worry not! This article is here to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to program your universal remote in easy steps.
How To Program A Radio Shack Universal Remote?
- How To Program A Radio Shack Universal Remote?
- How To Find The Code For Your Radio Shack Remote?
- Reasons Why Your Remote Might Not Work
If you have a Radio Shack universal remote, you may be wondering how to program it. Here are three methods you can use to program your Radio Shack universal remote:
1. How to Program Radio Shack Universal Remote Without Codes?
You can program your Radio Shack universal remote to work with most brands of televisions, DVD players, and other devices. You don’t need any special codes to do this – all you need is the right sequence of button presses.
Here’s how to program your Radio Shack universal remote without codes:
- Turn your device (you want to program i.e. TV, DVD, etc) On.
- Press and hold the device button until the red light turns on. Then release.
- Point your universal remote to the device and press the CH+ and CH- buttons.
- Continue pressing until the device turns OFF. Now remote will automatically search for the code.
- Press the POWER button to verify the code.
- Your device should turned ON which means it has successfully completed programming.
2. How to Program Radio Shack Universal Remote With Manual Method
If you have a Radio Shack Universal Remote and you want to know how to program it with the manual method, here are the steps you need to follow.
- First turn the device ( TV, DVD, VCR, etc) On.
- Press the device button like the TV, Blu-ray, or CBL-SAT on your remote.
- Press and hold the SETUP button on your universal remote until the red light flashes.
- Now enter the code for that device. After entering the code red light will turn off.
- Once you have entered the code, now point the remote to the device and try testing it by using different buttons. That’s it. Your Universal remote is successfully programmed with your device.
3. How to Program Radio Shack Universal Remote With Code Search
- Turn on the device you wish to program the remote for.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button on the remote until the red light on the remote turns on.
- Enter the code 9-9-1. The red light will blink twice and then stay lit.
- Press and release the “Power” button on the remote. The red light will blink once and then stay lit.
- Point the remote at the TV and press and hold down the “Channel Up” button until the TV turns off.
- Press and release the “Setup” button to lock in the code. The red light will turn off.
How To Find The Code For Your Radio Shack Remote?
If you have a Radio Shack universal remote and you need to find the code for it, there are a few ways to do so. One way is to look in the instruction manual that came with your remote. Another way is to go to the link HERE.
We have provided the list of all the Radio Shack universal remote codes for all your home devices. Just go to the link, choose the code according to your device, and program it using the above mentioned methods.
Reasons Why Your Remote Might Not Work
If your Radio Shack remote isn’t working, there are a few possible reasons why. Here are some of the most common:
The batteries may be dead or low. Try replacing the batteries in your remote.
The remote may not be programmed correctly. Make sure you follow the instructions above carefully to successfully program your device with the remote.
There may be something blocking the path between the remote and the TV or other device you’re trying to control. Make sure there’s nothing in the way, such as a piece of furniture or a curtain.
The TV or other device you’re trying to control may not be compatible with your Radio Shack remote. Check your user manual to see if your remote is compatible with the TV or other device.
By following the instructions in this guide, you should now be able to program your Radio Shack Universal Remote control. This remote is a great way to consolidate all of your different remote controls into one, easy-to-use device. We hope that you found this guide helpful and that you enjoy using your new remote control!